Saturday, March 10, 2007

From the Library of the Damned...

Here are two more books from the trip to the local Goodwill. What drew me to the shelf with these books on it in the first place was seeing this (rare) first edition book by Jim Thompson, A Hell of a Woman. Thompson is actually one of the better authors of crime pulp fiction (maybe even the best). His best book, The Killer Inside Me, is a pretty frickin scary book about a small town sheriff who is constantly fighting his psychotic and violent urges. Thompson is known for having interesting/unreliable narrators and unique plot structures which were actually very sophisticated for the genre he wrote for. He also was over the top; very gritty with frequent mention of abuse and alcoholism. If you haven't read The Killer Inside Me and feel like getting a little freaked out, I would recommend it.

Anyway, enough of that. I hope that you enjoy these book covers, and find them as interesting/hilarious as I did!

Hey Frank, did you notice another mention of your name on the back cover? Maybe there is a theme here....




Oh no! Not a beautiful nymphomaniac! I am confused....is this a crime story or not????



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the character Frank Dildo was well-known to my parents and the inspiration for naming me.

March 12, 2007 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home