Sunday, January 21, 2007

Teaching the Family "Chef" What To Do With M-E-A-T

Hooray! Another cookbook! I have to admit, I think that these are the best posts. Mostly because the recipes can be so very hilarious. This is from Allis Chalmers, a tractor manufacturer in Milwaukee. And it is all about meat. Mmmm...meat!

Let's just skip to the good stuff, shall we? "Variety Meats"; organ meats, sweetbreads, tongues and everything else that makes us go "Ew". Look carefully at the menu ideas. I don't know about you, but this makes me hungry for a big bowl of Brains A La King....




And then they managed to take regular meats and make you go "Ew", too. The Ham Mousse is pretty funny, but the Tropical Meat Salad is just sick. Hmmm...meat and bananas. Classic.


And just in case you have never cooked before, here is a fun guide on how to buy, cook and force your husband to serve meat. Enjoy!









2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ruth! I now have some great ideas for meals when we all get together again!

January 22, 2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Snowman said...

Woohoo, Vintage Bug is back. Two things I have to say about meat. Weight Watchers says that Kangaroo Meat is 2points per oz. Don't ask me why I was looking it up, I just found it. Two, "What's the difference between this lamb and the one at the petting zoo?"

January 23, 2007 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home