Monday, October 02, 2006

The "Amazingly Popular" Ring

I thought this was hilarious, and so here it is on the blog. This is another advertisement from a Song Hits magazine, which is also where the "learn the piano and instantly be popular" advertisement was from.

I love the tagline in black, because it is so totally inapproprate. The "amazingly popular" ring "sells to everyone". Now, that sounds a little desperate, wouldn't you say? When I read that line I see Old Gil from the Simpsons trying to sell an old, rusty computer. "Yeah, we know it sucks, but everyone keeps buying these stupid things! We don't know why! Shut up, Gil. Close the deal, close the deal!"

Check out the classy headshots. Thrilling! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I've had my ring for years and not only does everyone want to buy it, but it makes me amazingly popular.

October 02, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Snowman said...

I have Barbara Hale on my ring. I know it's a very obscure reference, but look her up in IMDB. One of my favorite old time movies stared her from 1951. Lorna Doone. Not the cookie by the way, the movie.

October 03, 2006 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Vera Lynn in mine. When I get angry her eyes turn red. It's a great conversation starter.

October 04, 2006 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home