Thursday, September 14, 2006

Grandpa Art

This is a picture of my grandfather, Arthur, whose packrat tendencies brought us the bounty of stuff that I have to display on Vintage Bug.

For those of you who don't know, my grandfather was a photographer for Naval Intelligence during World War II, and he worked as a photographer for the Associated Press in post-military life. I have boxes and boxes of photos, some taken by him and some taken by others, that range in subjects from blank-faced school children to fires, from World War II to Bing Crosby. I thought it was a shame to keep all these covered up in the basement, so I am going to post them here for everyone to see. Some are funny and cute, and some are quite gruesome, but all are part of American history.

Here's to you, Grandpa! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat and Peggy said...

Your blog is a great memorial to your grandfather, Ruth. Also it is so interesting and funny. Love it!

September 23, 2006 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home