Monday, August 21, 2006

A New, Fun Way to Start Fires

Today's installment is from a cookbook entitled "How to Be a Cookout Champion". This one from the 1950's, which isn't really the target time period I was going for, but it was so freaky I just had to add it.

The Cookout Champion cookbook has plenty of weird recipes, like Carnation Evaporated Milk Hamburgers and "Eskimo Squirtcicles" (I am just going to let you wonder about that one). There is even an especially gross picture of a chili dog. But the best is this:

Siz. Is it whip cream? Is it ligher fluid? All I know is this: you had better not serve any shortcake at your cookout, otherwise someone might just burn their face off. According to the above ad, Siz burns at 1120 degrees!



5 Comments:

Blogger Patrick & Lindsay said...

What happened to these miracles of the modern age?

August 21, 2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I don't know how I can call blogging a means to make unproductive. Just look at what I'm learning about!!

August 21, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Jean said...

I especially enjoy how the barbequer (is that a word) has his pants cuffed to reveal an inch or so of fetching blue sock. Hot stuff.

August 22, 2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Snowman said...

Is that real fire under the chickens? It doesn't look real.

August 22, 2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger FDR said...

was there a picture of the Escimo Squirtcicles? That's so funny.

August 22, 2006 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home