Saturday, August 19, 2006

Devil Bat's Daughter!!

Ok, sorry about the missing posts. You know, I kept thinking "Oh, I'm going to update Vintage Bug tomorrow" and then all of a sudden it is Saturday and I haven't done crap. Ah...such is life.

Anyway, here are a few things that I found to make up for it. I think they are pretty good, if I do say so myself...

This scan above is great because....well...LOOK AT IT! IT'S PETER PAIN! Everyone loves Peter Pain. Except for that guy.


Ha ha ha...ahh...it's funny because it's a bug.

This one is for you, Patrick.

All kidding aside, this film was apparently created by the German director Frank Wisbar as a sequel to the 1940's hit, Devil Bat , with Bela Lugosi. It deals with a girl, daughter of the original murder in the first Devil Bat, who falls under suspicion after a she repeatedly passes out at the scenes of some local murders. The "daughter" is also Miss America from 1941. But according to a couple of reviews on the internet, there are actually NO bats in this movie. No bats. That would be a real letdown for me.

So, I hope this lived up to everyone's expectations and took away any disappointment from the previous missing posts. I promise to do better in the future. And in the meantime enjoy....THE UNDERWATER JEEP!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Patrick & Lindsay said...

Ah, yet another letdown. We were promised an underwater jeep in every garage by 1985. Well, where the heck are they?

August 19, 2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger FDR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 20, 2006 5:32 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

I'm blaming Peter Pain next time I get a headache.

August 20, 2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Jean said...

I would have been very upset to go see a movie that had lured me in with the promise of devil bats "with death-dealing fangs" and failed to deliver. I might have just asked for my nickel back and gone to see another talking picture...

August 20, 2006 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home